Nome Iditarod Tour
We’ve all heard of the world-famous Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race and many have even seen the exciting start of this grueling race from bustling downtown Anchorage but only those seeking a truly unique and authentic Alaska adventure venture north to Nome for the conclusion of this 1,049-mile trek. Experience the true spirit of this great race with the people of Nome. Your local guide Richard Benevelle, the Mayor of Nome, will introduce you to the people that call this frontier home, the lure of this remote destination, and the excitement that is the ‘Mardi Gras of the North.’
- Hear the past and present story of Nome from your local guide Richard Benevelle, the Mayor of Nome.
- Venture beyond Front Street for a look at the community and people that call this town home.
- Witness the historic Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race while listening to the story of how this world-famous event came to be.
- See the famous Front Street Arch, the finish line for the Iditarod Sled Dog Race.
- Travel out of downtown Nome to Fort Davis, where the Iditarod Trail crosses the first real roadway since Anchorage. High-five the mushers as they cross the road and travel the last few miles of this epic race!
Package departs from:
March 11 through March 18, 2017
10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
2017 Pricing starting at:
$159 Per Person
• 2.5 Hour Tour
• Changes or cancellations are non-refundable within 48-hours of tour departure. Changes or cancellations made more than 48-hours prior to tour departure date are refundable, less a $15.00 per person cancellation fee.
• Notice of any changes or cancellations must be made in writing to Explore Tours.