- Summer: Summer travel in Alaska is generally defined as May through September
- Winter: Winter travel in Alaska is generally defined as October through April
- Transfers: Icon indicates when transfers are included for the tour
- Meals: Icon indicates when meals are included with the activity
- Family: Indicates when an experience is family friendly
- NPS: Indicates an experience exploring an Alaska National Park
- ¼ Easy activity level (i.e. enjoy a museum, beer tour or dinner theater experience)
- 2⁄4 Moderate activity level (i.e. check out a glacier walk or zipline adventure)
- ¾ Active activity level (i.e. venture on a glacier trek or sea kayaking trip)
- 4⁄4 Vigorous activity level (i.e. try some ice climbing or river rafting)
We require a 50% deposit once all items within your tour package are fully confirmed. Some exceptions may apply and specific products may require a different deposit schedule or deposit amount. These exceptions will be communicated at the time of request. This often applies with the purchase of flight tickets in-order-to guarantee your airfare at the quoted rate.
Many tour companies will provide rates "before" taxes. Your total Explore Tours price will include upfront all local state, municipal and borough taxes, port charges, park access permits and other mandatory fees associated with the products you have purchased. Exceptions are gratuity, incidentals, fishing licenses and items of personal nature.
- Names: Full names of all passengers in your party are required as they read on your government issued, photo ID.
- Contacts: Provide detailed contact information including (but not limited to) mailing address, email address(es), and mobile phone(s). It’s important to ensure we can reach you before and during your travel in case scheduling conflicts or unexpected changes arise in your itinerary.
- Airfare: We will require mandatory TSA Secure Flight information including full legal name, gender and birthdate. Reservations with an air component cannot be booked or held without this Secure Flight Information. Note: if you're traveling from overseas and will be using your passport as ID, we will also require your passport number.
- Flight Seeing: If you'll be taking a small plane, flight seeing or helicopter tour, we'll need individual weights for all passengers in your party.
- Special preferences: Make sure your Alaska Travel Specialist is aware of your needs, such as dietary restrictions, accessibility considerations, bedding configuration, or smoking/non-smoking rooms.
- Alaska Marine Highway (AMH): AMH requires dates of birth, citizenship and official government issued ID or passport number if traveling by ferry.
- Activities: Shoe sizes, individual weights, or clothing sizes may be requested for activities where you'll be outfitted with special gear.
Yes! We love bringing groups of any size up to our great state. Church groups, school teams, family reunions, corporate incentives - you name it. There is no group too large or too small.
In case of delays, emergencies or other travel related issues, we're always here for you! Our SOS phone number is included with travel documents so that we can assist you anytime you might encounter an emergency, even after hours.
Yes, most every tour package we offer can be tailored to meet your needs. Explore Tours specializes in customizing tour itineraries. You can either begin with one of our online offerings, or start from scratch and work on a fully customized experience by completing our Alaska Travel Inventory to get things started!”
Some of our packages include airfare within Alaska, but only where specified. Should you need assistance with additional airfare to or from Alaska, please contact your travel agent or the airlines directly.
Many services in Alaska have limited availability and some will be fully booked a year in advance. Booking your Alaska vacation 6 months to a year in advance is never a bad idea. That’s not to say that a quality Alaska itinerary cannot be provided on shorter notice, but to have the widest selection of accommodations, transportation and activities booking in advance is encouraged.
Vouchers and final instructional itinerary will be scheduled for release electronically approximately thirty (30) days prior to the start date of a client’s itinerary. Originals can be delivered in-person or delivered by courier to your first hotel with the inclusion of meet & greet services. Some exceptions may apply depending on arrival location and/or type of services purchased. Alternate arrangements may also be made. Please check with your Alaska Travel Specialist with any special requests.